POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : White *IS* Green! : Re: White *IS* Green! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: White *IS* Green!
From: Dale
Date: 21 Apr 1999 20:49:15
Message: <371E63C9.B10CB84D@execpc.com>
Ross Smith wrote:

> Is this really true? If I make a mistake I want the interpreter to warn
> me, not silently go off and do the Wrong Thing. Why would the authors
> put in such a horrible misfeature?

Partially.  Because of the increasing complexity of  Pov,  it was necessary
to make the syntax a little more ridged  in delimiting values and
statements than the earlier versions, to avoid conflicts and bugs.  Needing
semi-colons after #declares are an example.  In the checker instance,  Pov
did not know that White and Black were separate values, and one overrode
the other.  When it moved on to the second value, not finding one caused it
to use the default value.

Dale
POV-Team